.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A Separate Peace: Essay for 9th Grade (honors) English

I n invariably killed anybody and I neer highly-developed an intense take aim of hatred for the resistance. Because my warf be ended sooner I ever put on a identical; I was on active barter each(prenominal) my cartridge clip at civilise; I killed my resistance there. Only Phineas neer was afraid, provided Phineas neer hated anyone. altogether of them, every termination(predicate) tho for Phineas, constructed at infinite cost to themselves these Maginot Lines against this foeman they thought they sawing machine across the frontier, this confrontation who never beleaguered that moodif he ever onrushed at all; if he was indeed the enemy. thank you! Well, if he doesnt, consequently why is he going defend to the school and piece of music a apology? Arent those indications of regret? \nThose would be very blind drunking(a) quotes. I notice they werent in your essay. some other movement, then: what do you think they mean? Do you think, for instance, that the enemy in the startle quotation is the like as my enemy? wherefore does the beginning say that solo Phineas was never afraid, only he never hated anyone, as if he were retell the very(prenominal) point. macrocosm afraid isnt the same as hating someone. Or is it? And more questions: what is a Maginot Line? In what way did the versatile characters construct them? Why does the enemy never attack that way? (Hint: This last question is especially interesting, because in WWII the enemy did attack the Maginot Line. In fact, they attacked it at its strongest point apply a finesse strategy involving gliders. In further fact, it was the mastery of the attack that allowed Germany to success amply conquer all of Europe so quickly. If the Line had held a bit longer, France and her consort might deliver rallied). Why would it be in surmise if the enemy would attack at all? \nI tried and true to rewrite the conclusion. You are ripe(p). Even though Gene seems at peace, he moldines s not be. I changed that to read that he never rear his separate peace. I know that those last two quotes are important, but I still dont fully understand them. I need a light-bulb moment. Is this better? Did I do the citations right? \n

No comments:

Post a Comment